Parents or legal guardians of children in their final year of kindergarten, and about to enter primary school
2-4 sessions, 75 minutes each
- To get some understanding of your child’s overall cognitive functioning
- To prepare for the upcoming challenges in the primary school setting
- To help you gain a better understanding of your child’s temperament
- To improve your ability to attune to your child’s needs
- To learn basic positive parenting principles
- To learn how to communicate to your child more effectively
This workshop will cover:
Administration of standardized tests
To get an idea of your child’s overall cognitive functioning – this will give us some idea of your child’s readiness to cope with the academic demands in the primary school setting.
Introduction of positive parenting principles
This will provide you with an effective tool in helping your child develop self-discipline.
Structured tasks and free-play
This will give us the opportunity to observe how you interact with your child. We will be in a much better position to give you feedback on how to better attune to your child’s needs and alert you on some of the parenting traps that you might have fallen into.